My friend Emily hadn't used her Groupon to B-Thrifty yet, so today I met up with her at the store for B-Thrifty Groupon round #2. William had purchased a second Groupon voucher for me on the last day it was available since I had enjoyed the first trip, so I was planning to use that today.
When Emily and I arrived, I checked in via my new foursquare account and tweeted that I was in the store. The B-Thrifty social media team were excited to hear I was back (they had liked my first B-Thrifty haul post) and Celina, their web manager, tracked me down while I was sorting through my finds and presented me with $25 B-bucks... what an awesome surprise! (You can check out a photo of me with the B-Thrifty store manager on their Facebook page.) I was able to put the certificate to use right away and only spent about $5 out of pocket. Emily also did well, spending about $5 beyond the $35 value of her Groupon.
I also remembered to sign up for a BiP membership today, which will get me 30% off on Thursdays (although it can't be used in combination with the Groupon). I have a feeling I'll be back soon!
That's a total of 9 items for $33.91... but I put to use the $25 gift certificate B-Thrifty gave me, and paid only $3.91 (plus taxes) out of pocket. That's probably the best deal I've gotten so far!
Continue reading for all the details.
While it may seem like I have a lot of cardigans already, I don't have too many versatile ones. (Sequined fuchsia sweaters, faux fur boleros, and cardis heavy on the beading can only be worn with so many outfits!) So I've been trying to focus somewhat on adding pieces to my wardrobe that will complement pieces I already have -- non-fitted tanks to go under open cardigans and more "basic" cardigans to go over a variety of dresses and tanks. I've also been searching (for months!) for good polo shirts; I wore polos pretty much every day the first two years of college and, as a result, wore them all out, and I've been having a heck of a time trying to replace them. Today's venture was thus focused on the women's department, where my haul included:
- 4 cardigans:
- 1 wool-blend Merona gray buttoned cardigan sweater with blue argyle front for $1.99
- 1 lambswool/angora-blend Moda Int'l ivory buttoned cardigan sweater with 3/4-length sleeves and embroidered ivory flowers with pearl centers for $2.99
- 1 dusty lavender Florin knit buttoned cardigan with 3/4-length sleeves for $2.99
- 1 ivory Aerie knit V-neck buttoned cardigan with 3/4-length sleeves and mini pockets for $3.99
- 1 sweater: a tan silk/cashmere long-sleeve scoop-neck sweater with a champagne-colored silk faux-blouse neckline with pearl buttons, brand unknown, for $4.99
- 1 shirt: a fuchsia Old Navy deep-V-neck knit top with elbow-length sleeves for $2.99
- 1 polo: a dusty rose L.L. Bean long-sleeve cotton polo shirt for $2.99
- 1 tank top: a like-new turquoise horizontal-striped Gap spaghetti-strap tank top for $2.99
- 1 belt: a multi-colored woven cotton belt with a wooden closure for $2.99