Due to its proximity to my house, Village Thrift has quickly become one of my favorite thrift stores. In the past several months since my first visit to the store, I've tried to check in once every other week or so on half-price Sunday or Monday. Last night, I scooped up one of my smaller Village Thrift hauls, but nabbed the priciest single thrift store clothing item I've ever purchased.
In total, I scored 10 items for $74.50, which is an average of $7/item.
Continue reading for all the price and brand info.
I had some specific items in mind during my shopping trip this week: a new nice coat, since my current black one collects an insane amount of lint, hair, and fuzzies; a long-sleeve purple shirt to go under a dress I bought in Vegas; and, as always, layerable tanks/shirts/sweaters. I was pleased to hit the mark on all three accounts. My 10 items:
- 1 tank top: a like-new black Ann Taylor Loft spaghetti-strap tank top with sequined mesh embellishment at the neckline for $3.95 (50% off of $7.90)
Compare at $15+
- 3 shirts:
- 1 purple V-neck Old Navy knit shirt with 3/4-length sleeves for $2.95 (50% off of $5.90)
- 1 dark purple Champion long-sleeve knit shirt with slight V-neck for $2.45 (50% off of $4.90)
- 1 light blue and gray plaid Energie shirt with 3/4-length sleeves and cinch waist for $2.45 (50% off of $4.90)
- 1 jacket: a like-new dark brown satin Mossimo swing jacket with 4-button closure and elbow-length sleeves for $8.90
- 1 coat: a like-new charcoal gray Kenneth Cole Reaction knee-length wool coat for $44.90
Compare at $100+
- 2 pairs of jeans:
- 1 pair of Lilly Pulitzer straight-leg jeans with button-closure back pockets for $3.45 (50% off of $6.90)
Compare at $100+
- 1 pair of dark gray Ann Taylor Loft boot-cut jeans with button-closure back pockets for $3.45 (50% off of $6.90)
Compare at $60+
- 2 books:
- Full Bloom by Janet Evanovich & Charlotte Hughes
MSRP: $4.99 | PP: $0.60 | Savings: 88%
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
MSRP: $17.99 | PP: $1.40 | Savings: 92%