Apparently, I've been to Village Thrift at least once each week for the last 10 weeks. I guess my Foursquare Village Thrift mayorship is well deserved! Today was discount day, with three tag colors 50% off and 2 tag colors 33% off. I think I wound up buying more 33% off items than 50% items, but they were all still good deals. Two of the items I got today were brand new, with the original tags still on them, including a pair of pajama pants that I had considered getting my husband for Christmas, but decided against due to their cost. They were a fraction of the original cost at the thrift store!
I snagged a total of 6 items for $30.07, which averages out to $5.01 per item.
Continue reading for all the price and brand info.
I wasn't looking for anything specific this week, but I have been trying to be more careful about making sure the items I get will fit and work for me. I was very successful in that regard today. I was also impressed that all the items I purchased this week were either brand new, with the original tags intact, or like new. The 6 new editions to our wardrobes:
- 2 dresses: (both compare at $25+)
- 1 brightly flowered Old Navy shift dress with gray velour straps, missing the belt/sash, for $4.95 (50% off of $9.90)
- 1 like-new Old Navy light blue flowered V-neck sundress for $5.27 (33% off of $7.90)
- 1 pair of jeans: a pair of like-new dark American Eagle stretch hipster bootcut jeans for $5.94 (33% off of $8.90)
Compare at $39.50+
- 2 pairs of shorts:
- 1 pair of new (tags intact) Old Navy black Bermuda shorts for $6.60 (33% off of $9.90)
- 1 pair of like-new navy blue and white striped Faded Glory shorts for $3.93 (33% off of $5.90)
Compare at $10+
- 1 pair of pajama pants: new (tags intact) light blue Merona flannel penguin pajama pants for $3.27 (33% off of $4.90)