After checking out the new B-Thrifty store (see that haul here), I made a quick stop at the Salvation Army across the street, since I hadn't been in that location before. I focused on belts, because lately I've really been trying (unsuccessfully) to find good belts to wear with dresses and longer shirts, but somehow a bunch of movies snuck into my haul, too; the fact that they're under the glass at the check-out counter probably had something to do with it.
The belts I found, at $3.99/each, were slightly more than I would have liked to spend (and $3/each more than the one I got at B-Thrifty), but they were perfect for my needs and I've had such a hard time finding any at all that I felt they were worth it. Likewise, I usually wouldn't have bought so many movies unless it was a discount day (which, at Salvation Army, is Wednesday), but there was such a good selection and several of the movies are ones that I've been wanting to get on DVD to replace my VHS collection, so I figured they were worth it.
Luckily, I resisted the urge to spend on some items that were quite tempting, but either not necessary or more than I was willing to spend: a tan Gap wool coat for $29.99, a tank top for $6.99, shoes for $11.99, and a whole bunch of tempting winter clothes.
Despite my intention to just run in quickly to check out the location, I wound up spending $30 on 9 items.
Read through for the details on brands and prices.
The haul, which averaged about $3/item, included:
- 2 belts: one like-new white stretchy woven Talbots belt and one like-new wide gray belt for $3.99/each
(The Talbots belt has a tag on it that lists the original price as $24.00)
- 1 tunic: one purple and white patterned 3/4-length sleeve Merona V-neck tunic for $2.99
- 1 polo shirt: one like-new gray Croft & Barrow short-sleeve polo shirt with navy blue stripes for $2.99
- 5 movies: 5 DVD movies for $2.99/each
- Mean Girls [full-screen] by Tina Fey starring Lindsay Lohan
- Galaxy Quest [widescreen] starring Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, and Alan Rickman
- The Net [widescreen, special edition] starring Sandra Bullock
- Arctic Tale [widescreen] from the creators of March of the Penguins and narrated by Queen Latifah
- Lara Croft, Tomb Raider [widescreen, special collector's edition] starring Angelina Jolie